Putting solar on the roof makes sense both financially and ethically, but it can be a daunting process. The challenge of understanding the key issues, shuffling through potential solar companies, deciding what panels and inverters and other kit is best value and even where to start diving into this process can be very overwhelming!
This is where Caring for Creation Through Solar comes in! We aim to take the pain out of this process and guide you through it. We have brought together industry experts to source high quality materials, reliable, honest solar companies and have negotiated good prices by virtue of ‘bulk buying’. While these won’t be the cheapest prices on the market, they are great prices for top quality kit and safe, reliable service during and after installation.
The Bulk Buy closes May 31 – make sure to RSVP for an info session before this date! Click here for available Sessions and to RSVP.
What are the Benefits?
- Sourcing of high quality solar systems and reliable local companies all done for you
- Competitive prices on top quality materials and services negotiated for Sydney Catholic communities
- Independent advice and guidance through the process from the Justice and Peace Office
- An easy way to finally tick ‘getting solar’ off your to-do list without navigating all the complexities and pitfalls alone
- Free information sessions on all elements of solar systems, held in your community. Sessions are just one hour – find the dates and RSVP here.
- A chance to bring together practical and spiritual elements of choosing solar
- An opportunity to connect with and build your parish and/or school community or the broader Sydney Catholic community and go through the journey as a group
- A chance to put your faith into action
- The satisfaction of having joined with 3 million other Australians in doing something really substantial to avert climate change
See available dates and RSVP to an Information session here
What’s the Process?
Key Practical Information
Aside from the panels what else do I need?
Some Common Concerns and Questions
Financial Disclosure: The Justice and Peace Office does not receive any financial benefit by your participation in the process, at any stage. Our Solar Consultant’s fees are being covered by the local solar companies.
How we choose local solar companies
We have a strict set of criteria for choosing the companies we partner with to ensure they are reliable and trustworthy and offer quality kit, installation and service. The criteria are:
- Local, small to medium sized businesses
- Quality, best-practice quote process, including quotation documents in format and detail recommended by the Clean Energy Council
- End to end customer service and management, rather than the separate companies and contractors for each stage e.g. sales, design/quote and installation.
- Honest – we make sure our companies offer trustworthy reliable advice to suit your needs and situation rather than a ‘salesy’ approach
- Quality products and installation and service at reasonable prices
Come to an Information Session
As this is a ‘bulk buy’ project it is best done as part of a community, ideally a parish and/or school community, or some sub-group from these. This not only allows us to offer you great prices on top-quality kit, it also creates unique opportunities for communities to become more connected, and share their experiences, success and learnings with each other.
The Session’s last only an hour and will be presented by the Caring for Creation Through Solar team. The Session will include:
- Outline of the Church’s teaching on caring for Creation and why putting solar on our homes is a practical and consequential way to live out our faith
- A ‘Solar 101’ – we will run through the basics and common questions on solar: ‘What is a kilowatt?’, ‘Is my place too shady?’, ‘How does solar work with my current electricity supply’, ‘How does a solar system work?’ ‘How much will I save’ ‘How will it work with my current electricity supply?’ etc.
- Detailed presentation of the specific Caring for Creation through Solar offer – costs, options on the materials, the solar companies, technical details and the next steps in the process, and plenty of time for questions.
- A packet of resources for each attendee, and Sign-up forms.
Therefore we highly encourage you to come to an Information Session. There are two options:
OPTION 1: Come along to one of the sessions we will be hosting, we have a different days and times on offer and will progressively roll out more as needed. Each Session will have a limited number people so there’ll be ample opportunity to ask questions and have discussion. The Session options and RSVP details are below.
OPTION 2: Host an information session in your own parish and/or school community. If you already belong to a ministry that would be interested in this offer or simply think you’re community might be interested, please consider bringing them along on the journey. The Caring for Creation Through Solar team will support you through the process, and can provide advertising and invitations as needed (some options are here). Please get in contact with us at the Office by phone: 9307 8461 or email email@example.com to talk about this option.
The Bulk Buy closes on May 31st so you MUST register before then!
RSVP your preferred session via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kim on 9307 8461
Coming to an Info Session commits you to nothing and you will not be pressured to going any further if you do not want to. There is no financial obligation at any step of the process if and until you decide you’d like to install a solar system on your home and reach an acceptable agreement with the solar company.
Been to an Info Session and Need to Sign-Up for a Quote?
Have all the info you need already?
If, after reading through the information on this webpage and/or because of prior experience and knowledge you feel informed and comfortable enough to move straight ahead with a quotation from one of our local solar companies you can do this by registering on this Solar-Go Form. Once we receive this we will get in touch to connect you with a solar company so you can move ahead with the quote.
If you’re unsure of anything in the programme or still a bit confused about how it all works or what solar will mean for you, we would strongly encourage yo to come along to one of the Information Sessions listed above as you next step.