(Please note these resources are provided for reference only, we do not necessarily endorse all the views or content in each one, nor have we ‘vetted’ any volunteering suggestions).
- ‘Human Trafficking and Slavery: A response from Australian Catholics’ Series Paper 79 by Christine Carolan and Noelene Simmons SM.
- Online Anti-Slavery Course – Anti-Slavery Australia
- Submission of Australian Catholic Bishops Conference to Parliamentary Joint Committee on Law Enforcement, 19 February 2016.
- ‘Act Justly’ July 2015 issue
- ‘I am Miriam’ video from Against Humanity
- Anti-slavery free online course
- ‘I have a voice: trafficking of women in their own words’ by Angela Reed & Marietta Latonio ; artwork by Sr Venus Marie Pegar.
- ‘One in a Thousand Stories’ by Salesian Brother David O’Brien (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ‘Roots of Human Trafficking. Reflections with Pope Francis’ Resource prepared by the Sisters of the Holy Cross.
- Child Labour Guidance Tool for Business ( How to do business with respect for children’s right to be free from child labour), International Labour Organisation 2015 ILO-IOE Child Labour Guidance_Web_20151224
- Faith Resources 2017, US Catholic Sisters Against Human Trafficking.
- ‘Praying the Stations of the Cross for victims of human trafficking’ prepared by the Anti-Trafficking Program of the Migration and Refugee Services Department of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- ‘What is Fairtrade?’ Resource from Fairtrade Australia.
- ‘Inspirational People’, ANZRATH
- ‘ACRATH Develops Forced Marriage Education Kit’, Blog from Catholic Religious Australia
- ‘Migrant crisis: Australia to launch anti-human trafficking and slavery strategy’, Jewel Topsfield, Sydney Morning Herald, 21 March 2016
- ‘To Be a Pebble in the Shoe of People with Power’, Sarah Puls SGS, The Good Oil, 20 September 2016.
- Statements by the Most Rev. Anthony Fisher OP on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking:
Address of the Archbishop of Sydney, Most Rev. Anthony Fisher OP, to the Select Committee of the Legislative Council of New South Wales on Human Trafficking – Parliament House (28 March 2017)
THE STATE OF OUR DEMOCRACY SYDNEY CATHOLIC BUSINESS NETWORK (31 March 2017)
HOMILY FOR MASS FOR THE FEAST OF ST. JOSEPHINE BAKHITA – St. Mary’s Cathedral, Sydney (8 February 2018)
STATEMENT ON THE RESPONSE OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF SYDNEY TO MODERN SLAVERY – Cathedral House, Sydney (8 February 2018)
- “Hidden in Plain Sight“, Report of the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs Defence and Trade, Inquiry into establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia.
- International Labour Organisation Report “Global Estimates of Modern Slavery: Forced Labour and Forced Marriage“.
- Australian Catholic Religious Against Trafficking of Humans (ACRATH)
- Aotearoa New Zealand Religious Against Trafficking in Humans (ANZRATH)
- Anti-Slavery Australia (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Coatnet (Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings)
- Josephite Counter-Trafficking Project
- Bridgidine Sisters
- UNANIMA International
- Talitha Kum
- Australian Fair Trade and Investment Network (AFTINET)
- Immigrant Women’s Speakout Association
- Stop the Traffik
- Apostleship of the Sea Australia
- End Slavery
- Against Humanity
- Girls not Brides
- Textile Clothing and Footwear Union of Australia
- Fairtrade Australia
- Ethica homewares and accessories (Mary MacKillop International).
- Responsible Investing, Australian Catholic Superannuation Retirement Fund
- Slavery Free Easter Chocolate – ‘Join ACRATH’s slavery-free Easter chocolate campaign’, Catholic Religious Australia blog 2016.
- UN World Day Against Child Labour (12 June)
- UN World Day against Trafficking of Persons (30 July 2017)
- Fair Trade Fortnight (4-17 August 2017)
- 16 days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence