You are invited to an Afternoon Tea in solidarity with our Pacific neighbours
Where: St Brigid’s Catholic Parish, Cnr Brook and Waltham St, Coogee
When: Friday 17th June, 2:30pm
RSVP: Friday 10th June by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brendan Joyce on 02 8306 3109
The aim of the Afternoon Tea is for church and community leaders to meet the candidates in the upcoming federal election to voice your support for our Pacific neighbours and Australia’s role in supporting development and climate justice in the region.
The Afternoon Tea will include:
- Brief stories shared by young people from Pacific Island communities sharing how climate change is already affecting them. Our guests are from Kiribati and Tuvalu.
- A reflection on the faith call to care for our environment and our neighbours
- Opportunities to meet candidates in the Kingsford-Smith electorate* to emphasise our role as neighbours
- A photo opportunity of local churches with our speakers, expressing their support for climate justice and Australian aid
- The Kingsford-Smith Electorate includes the area between La Perouse, Clovelly, Kensington and Mascot.
This event is organised by Pacific Calling Partnership, Caritas Australia, Uniting World, Edmund Rice Centre and Micah Australia.
For further information, please click here: Kingsford-Smith Invitation